SVBC Live

Tuesday

Thought for the Day - 21th December - 2010

Droupadi asked Dharmaja one day, “Lord! You are undoubtedly the topmost among those who follow unwaveringly the path of Dharma; yet, how is it that such a terrible calamity happened to you?” Dharmaja replied, “Droupadi, do not grieve. Look at this Himalayan range. How magnificent, glorious, beautiful and sublime it is! It is so splendid a phenomenon that I love it without limit. It will not grant me anything; but it is my nature to love the beautiful, the sublime. So, here too I am residing with Love. The embodiment of this sublime beauty is God. This is the meaning and significance of the love for God. God is the only entity that is worth loving. This is the reason why I love Him. I shall not wish for any favour from Him. I shall not pray for any boon. Let him keep me where He loves to keep me. The highest reward for my love is His love! My love is not an article in the market.” Thus Dharmaja taught Droupadi that Love is a Divine quality and has to be treated so. Love is the spontaneous nature of those who are ever present in the awareness of the Atma.
     
- BABA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...