SVBC Live

Wednesday

Thought for the Day : 26th February 2014

Sathya Sai Baba
Bear in mind the company you keep. The great saint-poet Kabir once said, “I salute the bad and also the good”. Kabir was asked, “We understand you offering salutations to the good, but why do you salute the bad?” He responded, “When I salute the bad, I am doing this with a prayer to remove themselves from my presence; I am saluting the good, requesting their presence before me.” This is a profound statement. You must avoid bad company and cultivate the company of good. When you join with good people, you will be happy and you will confer happiness upon others. Strive to get rid of all your bad thoughts. Give up all your negative traits. Discharge your obligations to your parents. Render selfless service to the community. Redeem your lives by earning the Grace of the Lord. This is My blessing to all of you.
- Divine Discourse, 'My Dear Students', Vol 2, Ch 3, Dec 29, 1985.
A piece of iron turns into rust if it seeks the company of the soil. The same iron glows and becomes a solid foundation if it enjoys the company of fire. - Baba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...